It’s time for another one of those completely random blog posts! A couple weeks ago I spontaneously got the idea for something amazing: veggie stir fry with ramen!! I figured I’d share my recipe with you.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 packages ramen blocks, uncooked
- 1/2 of a one-pound package of frozen stir-fry veggie mix; can substitute with fresh veggies. I added some fresh mushrooms this time
- Soy sauce
- Protein such as tofu, beef, chicken, shrimp, etc. cut into small bite-sized pieces (optional). I used half a block of tofu and it was too much, so use about a quarter of a block unless you really like tofu
Directions (pictures below)
- Thaw your frozen veggies or prep your fresh veggies; heat your skillet or wok over medium-high heat and add a bit of oil
- Bring your water for your ramen to a boil, using the flavor packet if desired; add noodles when a boil is reached, breaking the noodle blocks in half if desired, and begin the next step right away
- If you’re cooking meat (NOT if you’re cooking tofu), add it to the wok and cook it about halfway to doneness
- Add thawed or fresh veggies and tofu, if you’re using it. Wok until heated through and the veggies take on a bit of color
- Add the now-cooked ramen noodles to the wok; do not add any of the cooking liquid
- Sprinkle in 2 to 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, just enough to coat everything
- Mix over heat until soy sauce glazes everything slightly
- Enjoy! Goes great with miso soup!