I went to the Bernardo Winery with my sweetheart’s family for Mother’s Day on Sunday and we found a stall with a mix for wine slushies. I tried it and it tasted amazing! But…the mix they had was like $5, and it only made enough for half a bottle of wine. I told myself I could make it myself so easily, and I was right! It took maybe 5 minutes of work and I ended up with a really tasty, sweet, slightly gelled and slightly icey drink.
- 2 cups wine (I used strawberry white Zinfandel)
- 1 tbsp strawberry kiwi (or any other flavor) Jell-o mix
- 1.5 tbsp sugar
- In a bowl, stir the gelatin in 1/4 cup wine until dissolved.
- In a small saucepan, allow rest of the wine to simmer, stir in the softened gelatin and sugar until dissolved and allow to cool. Transfer to a tight-sealing container.
- Freeze the mixture for about 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Stir thoroughly before serving.